April 22, 2018 8:00 am
April 22, 2018 9:00 am
We believe that Water Baptism is an outward expression of the inner transformation that God has done in our lives when we've committed to follow him. If you have accepted the message and surrendered your life to Christ, but have not been baptized since, the Bible says that Water Baptism is the next step! (Acts 2:38-40) It's also a chance for the rest of the congregation to celebrate with you and hear your story.
If you’d like to take this next step in your faith walk, it’s not too late. Simply click the link below to register. If you have any questions, contact the church office at email@example.com.
If you have an elementary age child who would like to be water baptized, Pastor Ben, our Children's Pastor, will contact you. He has a special process in place to guide you and your child through Water Baptism.
If you have not heard Pastor Keith's sermon, please click the link below. This will give you an understanding of Water Baptism and what we believe the Bible teaches us about it. Click here to watch.
Here is some important information for you to know:
BAPTISM VIDEO DETAILS
Your Baptism Video provides the opportunity for you to talk about why you want to be baptized. We will make the video process fun; you just need to show up prepared to share your story. How much you share is up to you, but we reserve the right to edit for the sake of time. We’ve put together some guidelines that will help you prepare what to say.
Some things to include in your video testimony:
- Your Name
- Why you want to be baptized; this can be a simple profession of faith: "I'm here today to publicly profess that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior."
Other things you can share in your video testimony:
- Your story about how and when you accepted Jesus as your Savior
- How Jesus has impacted your life
- Your favorite Bible verse
- Thanks to one or two people (family member, small group leader, friend(s), or mentor) who impacted your decision
What to wear to your video shoot:
- Dress comfortably and appropriately
- Avoid graphic tees or shirts with distracting images
Don’t worry about being perfect. You’ll have plenty of time to record until you feel great about it. We’re so excited to celebrate this important day in your life!
Make sure to schedule your video shoot time (this is required) on your registration form or sign up at the Welcome Center. All videotaping will take place in Room 207 (last room on the right before entering Kidsworld).
WATER BAPTISM MORNING
- Please check in at the gathering area outside of the choir room (located near the restrooms by the Sanctuary). You will receive a baptism certificate at that time.
- Bring two towels and a change of clothing. Leave one towel at the gathering area.
- Use the restroom on either level to change.
- Wear dark shorts, slacks or jeans in the baptismal. Shoes or socks are not necessary. We will provide a shirt for you, which is yours to keep.